When working with your hair, it is essential to take great care of it and keep it moisturized. The same is true for your skin, so use Natural and organic skin care products whenever possible to avoid damaging your skin. For hair, there are some ingredients you should avoid as well as some you should definitely use for your hair.
Ingredients to Avoid
Not every conditioner is made the same, and some may claim to be natural while they contain harmful ingredients like the ones listed below. Keep a look out for these ingredients to avoid further damaging your hair and scalp with chemicals.
· Diethanolamine (DEA): This ingredient is an emulsifier as well as a foaming agent, which has been linked to certain cancers.
· Triethanolamine (TEA): This chemical acts as a stabilizer and balances the pH level in conditioners.
· Monoethanolamine (MEA): This is also an emulsifier and it has been linked to tumors in the liver.
· Diazolidinyl & Imidazolidinyl urea: These are preservatives that release substances like formaldehyde.
· DMDM hydantoin: This can cause toxicity in the skin as well as organ toxicity when exposed to the body.
Ingredients to Look for
Organic ingredients are what you should keep an eye out for in your products. Natural ingredients contain nourishment and minerals that keep the hair moisturized and healthy. Look out for essential oils, such as tea tree oil and other essential oils that have varying properties and characteristics, such as the ability to kill bacteria. Coconut oil is another oil you should look for as well as aloe vera.
Conditioning your hair is an important step in keeping it looking and feeling healthy and nourished. By moisturizing your hair with natural ingredients, you will get the most out of your natural conditioner.